Can red kool aid stains be removed from carpet?

DivaAlize

Asked by DivaAlize at 12:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• YES!...Well I've gotten them out of my carpet before (right after it happened) with High Traffic Resolve carpet cleaner. I've also gotten orange pop out of my carpet with Shout carpet cleaner and resolve duel action stain remover (2 different occasions).
    My MIL dumped an entire glass of the orange pop by my TV stand and I still was able to that that out 5 months later (when we moved and I saw it had gone under the tv stand.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 12:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My Bissell gets all of that stuff out, even if it has been there a few days (kids throw rugs or chairs over stains). Serioulsy, you would not believe the stuff my Bisell has gotten out of my carpets. If you don't have one or can't buy one, try to borrow one from a friend or check C list for a used one.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• trick is blott- spray and keep area wet
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 10:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes I use "Scat" stain remover and my Bisell carpet cleaner. You can get Scat on line at www.shopsoapwarehouse.com. It works great on all types of stains even Red Koolaid on beige car seats and carpet.
    Soap911

Answer by Soap911 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• depends on the carpeting i guess...i got blue koolaid stains out of our carpet in the last house we rented....it was that really cheap white-ish color carpet, and i just took soapy water and bleach and it came right up...this was after probably about a month of the stain sitting there...we thought we would just have to have the carpet replaced, and i was cleaning a different spot, and figured why not try.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 7:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yes
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2010