Which is you favorite convertible carseat? Pros and cons of the seat you use please.

I'm trying to decide between The First Years True Fit, Graco My Ride 65, and Safety First Alpha Omega Elite. Please tell me about your seat even if its not one of these.

SweetOrangeMama

Asked by SweetOrangeMama at 12:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had an Eddie Bauer one. I loved it they only issue about it now that she's using it as a toddler seat is that it is humongous and hard to transport from car to car.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I love the Evenflo Triumph Advance; we have two, one for our forward-facing 3-yr-old, and we liked it so well we got another for our rear-facing 19-month-old when she outgrew her infant seat. It rear-faces to 35 lbs, forward-faces to 50 lbs. The shoulder straps adjust by sliding up and down, so you don't have to practically take the seat apart to re-thread straps; you don't even have to take it out of the car. This makes it great for taking the cover off to wash it, too, as the seat itself can stay installed. I also love the knobs on the sides of the seat to loosen and tighten the straps; I always hated having to pull the strap between the legs, the knobs make it so much easier in my opinion (especially forward-facing).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• We have a recaro seat. DH got it because he kniws a lot about race cars and recaro is a race car part company. If the seat is safe in an accident at 180 mph then it's safe at 65 mph too.

It's pretty rugged. DD seems to like it. I wish it had a visor like the infant car seats though. The straps adjust well. It has little strap holders so you can hook them apart to get the baby in so the baby doesn't sit on the straps. It cleans well.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have heard the Alpha Omega is junk. (i go in the carseat safety group alot). I have heard the true fits and the my rides are great seats. I would get the true fit for my son because hes tall and the true fit is one of the tallest convertibles on the market. I have an evenflo titan elite and i hate it. The straps are flimsy and twist all the time and hes 17 months and only has like 2in of shell left above his head, so in other words its a really short seat. With income tax im going to get him either a true fit or a safety first complete air. I havent decided yet :) Join the car seat safety group here on cm. They are very helpfull :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I would cross off the Alpha Omega--- JUNK
    We have a Graco Myride and I LOVE it, I would highly recommend this seat.
    I've heard great things about the Truefit as well, although I've never used one.
    We also have Evenflo Triumph which I loved too, but as we do ERF my son outgrew them RF... but I love the harness on these seats! And they make a new Triumph 65 which I have heard rave reviews about too.
    Another HOT seat right now is the Complete Air
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Combi Coccoro Convertible Carseat. I like it alot. It very light and compact. It also fits very well in a compact car. i have a Hyundai Accent.

watch the video: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3499743
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 2:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2010