Dh entered a contest he won't win... now what?

SO, my Dh entered to win a trip home for his two brothers from Cali to Ga. for Christmas. He told me he did and added he knew he was not going to win since there were stories much more compelling than his. WELL, he has brought it up everyday since then. What if i do win? or If this does happen? and if my brothers are here... anyway. WE just can't afford to bring them home(obviously or we would have done so already) How disappointed is he going to be when he doesn't win? How do I help him feel better about it? I really wish he had not entered...He has not seen is older brother in 11 years his younger in about 5.

Relationships category? I can't decide...oh well someone will move it if it's not right.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 12:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I think your husband did a good thing by entering the contest because you never know and maybe he could win.

On the other hand, he is not being very realistic if he is going to be that disappointed if he does not win. A contest is a gamble and if he wants the brothers there that badly he should be looking for another means. I am not sure what you can do to make him feel better about this, he has to realize that a contest is not sure-fire. But I think what you might do is start putting aside some money and saving or talk to the brothers about how a trip to them might be arranged? Perhaps some collective efforts?

spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2010