Pregnant and acne unfortunate. HELP?

hello to all expecting mothers or mothers who have experienced this before. I have had bad acne ever since i've been pregnant.. It's all around my chin and it's reallllly aggravating. I feel SO selfconcious about my pizza face. Were there any tricks/procedures you did to help with acne during pregnancy? What do you do if you have a zit that needs to be popped, but when you do, it turns into a red mess with a scab and becomes flaky and looks horrible with your makeup? I"m desperate for help :( I'm trying stridex and clean and clear acne moisturizing lotion. but nothing helps.

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 12:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh honey, I feel your pain! My entire face felt like sandpaper for 9 months. I wish I knew how to get rid of it for you, but the best I can offer is to use one of the special metal things to pop the zits (you can usually get them at salons that do facials, call around & see) This keeps them from becoming huge scabby messes. And be sure you put a good non-pore blocking sunscreen on your face every day, or you can get pigmentation scars from popping them. Hugs doll, I hope it calms down for you.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Those things are horrible for your skin while you're pregnant, and they have salicylic acid, which is what aspirin is made of, so they should be avoided. If you can afford it, try Ren products (you can get them at Sephora) or Juice Beauty. If you're on a lower budget, try Burt's Bees (but nothing with willow bark, which is a natural source of salicylic acid).
    Definitely make sure you get lotion with sunscreen in it, because of the weird pigmentation that happens during pregnancy (melasma).
    Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I used and still use Mary Kay Velocity face wash and moisturizer. It will cost you about $27 for both and they will last about 4-6 mos depending on how often you use them. This is the only thing I have found on the market that has helped with acne pre and post pregnancy. I also use their blemish control toner on top of it all. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I used an ance scrub and facial mask to keep my ance minimum.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 4:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• SO SORRY you are dealing with this....I had BEAUTIFUL skin pre pregnancy (3 yrs ago) and I looked like I had chicken pox and boils ALL OVER my face =( I saw a derm while pregnant...HONESTLY, NO rx's work. I dealt with this for 2 years after he was born and finally saw an esthetician who saved me and gave me my life back (it destroyed me =( ) when I was preggo, My derm said I could use salicylic acid because the toner or wash can not reach in to the bloodstream from something so little. I had a perfectly healthy baby boy and hopefully my next pregnancy I wont have to worry about it again. I would recommend a facial from a licensed esthetician and run the SA by your doc for approval... My esthetician sells natural products that you use for a week before the facial. It makes everything surface. If your interested check her out on yelp.com, her name is mirsada located in san SF... Best of luck to you and keep your head up doll..
    artazian

Answer by artazian at 7:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2010