Is being a racist child abuse?

Have you seen this?  

Personally, I feel like we are too quick to say something is child abuse anymore, and that waters down ACTUAL abuse. Racism is disgusting. But if it goes no further than saying things that are offensive, do you consider that abuse?

Why, or why not?

Can you, honestly, say that you've never said something that's offensive to someone else?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No, I don't think it's child abuse. I don't agree with it, and think that racism is horrible, but it's not abuse to the child. I agree that so many things are claimed as child abuse these days that the children who are actually being abused get overlooked. I mean...if racism is child abuse, are all types of prejudice child abuse? Because I can pretty much guarantee that almost all parents are prejudice against some kind of people, religions, parenting styles, behaviors, etc.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't think so. That would be like me saying is being a Democrat child abuse,
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I disagree Fallaya, if he gets his ass kicked it's the fault of the person who feels violence is okay in response to words. Civilized people don't beat people up for saying things they don't like.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 1:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It's completely blown out of proportion, and definitely not child abuse.

Popular opinion isn't just cause for taking a kid away from their parents. Good grief!

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 2:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Why throw a snarky comment about the tea party in it at all? Unless you're trying to offend people. That's the only reason. Then you cry about how you're sunshine and puppy dogs and everyone else is so mean.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 3:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No, it's not abuse. But I would say it's poor parenting. Unfortunately, I think it's how a lot of children of all races are raised.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 1:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• sounds like a tea party,,,

And THIS is why you are attacked, sweet.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Let me guess? You're going to report me :(

And it is offensive to say people who belong to / agree with the tea party movement are racists.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 3:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• me neither..calling out the bullies doesn't make me a bully

Whatever, sweet. We all realize you are just an innocent angel.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Sounds like the tea party?

Oh good lord Sweets....you've GOT to be kidding me....you're still spewing the BS line! We've been over this...you have no real proof because there is no proof. Every "racist" thing that people tried to claim the TEA party did was found to be false and started by IDIOT liberals...much like yourself!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Dec. 8, 2010