i would like to ask a question about a mormon life style?

one of my guy friends he said he is now a preacher and he was gone 3 months and that one of his long long relatives was a mormon and now the mormon church is now paying for his college so it free for him can that be true? witch he didn't even grat also he says he became a teacher for the mormons? i rather ask for the truth and if he is not telling me the truth i think i will tell him i have no more trust cause he says things and its never true and i am tired of it....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• yeah that can really happen.
    Churchs do stuff like that. Not just the mormon church but any churchs will help with things like that if they can and its possible.
    Anonymous

• I was raised mormon. I'm not now but I live in Utah and still know tons of Mormons. I have NEVER heard of the mormon church paying for anyone's education. Mormon's don't have "preachers" they have "bishops" which are just normal guys who don't go to any special school to learn it. They probably have a pretty solid understanding of the Mormon doctorines but no schooling to learn it. Sorry, he's full of crap. If you need further info you can message me.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• shame on that guy.
    Anonymous

• HOW ARE THEY FULL OF CRAP? if someone needs assistance or help or just because i know my church has done that before and i just asked my SO and he said his church had done that too (he was raised mormon)
    Anonymous

• He's lying if he said that the Mormon church paid for him to go to school to become a teacher for the Mormon church. If they just are assisting him with his education then yeah, that could happen.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• no they could pay for him to go regardless of what it is
    Anonymous

• I'm just answering the question. The question says that the mormon church sent him to school to learn to be a preacher for the mormon church. I am responding by saying that he's probably not being truthful because the mormon church does not have preachers and thebishops that they do have do not go to any special school to hold that position. If he is a missionary for the mormon church they do go to training to learn to bring new members into the church and then they go away from home for two years to do their missionary work. These are the facts.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• GGGgggrrrrrr i don't know why he has to lie there is no reason for it, inless he is just tring to out do my sister but she is in this school called job crops and no she isn't a bad girl she just want some place to help her in schooling and she thought it would be a great way to improve her job for a better life i think the place is called clearfield
    Anonymous

• I'm familiar with that too. You can message me, I'll keep it confidential.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• boys as they grow up to be men they get standings in the church called teachers, deacons and priest but it's not like being actual teachers, deacons or priest. it's more of the classes are called them as they grow up.they get new callings for each class they grow into.anybody can become a teacher of the church. i was once a primary teacher. the mormon church believe that the lord chooses who is best for these positions through our bishop. they have a manual to follow as they do in school. this church you have to realize is very organized and intricate. anybody can be a bishop if you are worthy. although i have never heard of the church paying for schooling unless of course he got a scholarship like other schools offer and i'm sure that they offer them too.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 6, 2008