Please I'm newto this and need advise

So I ovulated monday (yesterday) that's when I was suppose to .. I was reading something about the sex of the baby ... So I had sex Tuesday - Thursday and Saturday he insisted on having sex .. So we did but what I read said for a girl have sex wed-fri and a boy sat-mon so did I mess it up by having sex Saturday ???

And also I thought after ovulation the cervical mucus stops but today is Tuesday and it's like pouring out help plzz

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You have no way of "choosing" the sex of a baby. The sperm don't say "oh, I'll carry the Y chromosome today." It just happens.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Ummm, I don't think the day of the week has anything to do with gender. According to that logic, you're going to have a baby that is a hermaphrodite.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No matter how you time it you have a 50-50 chance of getting a boy. The only way to guarantee it is to get artificially inseminated with only Y sperm.

I wouldn't worry about it, really.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• So what do yu guys think about the cervical mucus ?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It sounds like you haven't ovulated yet. Why do you say you ovulated? Are you using a calendar, or charting? Unless you're charting and have noticed an increase in temps (and it's really too soon even for that to be a good indication at this point), it's not set in stone that you definitely ovulated when you should have.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Well it decreased .. Do women have mucus after ovulation ? Yeh I charted it and really tried to have sex alot so ya
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Are you using a calculator or calender to determine ovulation?

If so those are VERY inaccurate.

Cervical mucus doesn't disappear after ovulation but it does change from egg white or watery to creamy, sticky or dry. Charting is the only TRUE way to knwo if you are ovulating.

You CAN push things in your favor to choose the gender of your baby. It's not a guarentee but you can push things in your favor.

There are female and male chromosome sperm. The female tend to swim slower but are more resilant. The male tend to swim faster but die faster and become damaged easily.

Some studies have shown that if you have intercourse 2-3 days BEFORE ovulation at the beginning of your fertile phase you are more likely to concieve a girl. If you have sex the last day of your fertile phase (the day of ovulation) then you are more likely to conceive a boy.

One study found it to be 80% effective. The biggest issue

Anonymous

• though is figuring out typically how many days of fertile mucus you have each month. This typically doesn't change from month to month so if you had 3 days this month you will most likely have 3 days next month. Knowing how many days you have it EXTREMELY important or you may miss you ovulation day trying to time intercourse for a specific gender.

Get Dr. Shuttles book and Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.

By the way...we got the gender we wanted BOTH times we've used the Shuttles Method!
    Anonymous

• Well my period was November 20 and it's 30days so I got my ovulation to be Sunday or Monday so I had sex all last week and stopped on Saturday .
    So what do you think ?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Typically you ovulate 11-17 days BEFORE you are supposed to start your period.

SO if you are expecting your period December 19th then you would ovulate some time between December 2nd and December 8th.

Luteal phases last 11-17 days unless you have a luteal phase defect which is more likely in people with longer cycles than people with shorter cycles so most likely you do not have one.

You SHOULD however still be BD because you may ovulate today or tomorrow. Hopefully you didn't miss it.

What does your CM look like?
    Anonymous