What would you do?

Well, my daughter dad birthday is Thursday and he is coming to Georgia for the weekend with his son from Alabama and he asked if they could stay at my house for the weekend and would I watch his son while he goes out for his birthday. I have no problem with watching his son nor do I mind them staying @ my house...but I dont want him to get the wrong idea either. Me and him are very close...for the past 6 months we both have been single and the best of friends. But his previous gf cant stand me and normally when she knows that he is coming to visit his daughter she gets stalkerish and starts calling my phone private trying to see if she hears the same background. But they are no longer...but I know for a fact that everytime they break up and she assumes that he is coming back to me she gets back with him just so he want get with me. But me and him hav this agreement that we will not try US again. So would you allow your ex to spend the weekend at your house? BTW..i have no problem with his son staying.

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 1:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I guess if you and the kids are comfortable with it, it shouldn't be a problem. If you don't want him to get the wrong idea tell it to him straight before he gets there.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 1:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think I would. And I applaud both of you for staying friends. It is what the kids need. Most people who get divorced don't even like to be in the same room together.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• yeah. I've done it many times. I don't want him back. Now he's just like any other friend who might want to crash at my place

Answer by admckenzie at 1:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• As long as the 2 of you are fine with it and on the same page why not. It will probably be nice for your DD to see her mom & dad together for a little while too.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• my previous ex is my soon to be bitch of an ex husband so hell no.. he can sleep under a bridge.
    my older sons father, of course. He will always been welcome.
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• As long as the children don't get the wrong idea, I think it's a great thing to do. My ex and I are starting to be civil. It helps a whole lot.
    ANGIE613

Answer by ANGIE613 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• NOT FOR NOTHING... BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THAT STUPID LADY? SHE ISNT ANYONE FOR U TO HAVE TO ANSWER TO NOR FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE ABOUT. IF UR EX WANTS TO SEE HIS DAUGHTER AND HAVE A NIGHT ON THE TOWN THEN WHY SHOULD THAT EX OF HIS BRING UR ANY DRAMA. I SAY U DO WHAT U WANT, TAKE CARE OF HIS SON FOR THE NIGHT HAND OUT LIKE FRIENDS FOR THE WEEKEND AND SEE HIM OFF AS A GROWN ADULT AND NOT SOMEONE EXPECTING DRAMA TO UNFOLD. LIVE YOUR LIFE HUN! DONT NO ONE MAKE U CHANGE YOUR WAY OF DOING THINGS NO MATTER WHAT THE CASE MAY BE.
    1210MG

Answer by 1210MG at 3:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No way...if you two get along...even if something does happen...who cares...let them stay and I tell you what...buy a whistle...if you get a private call with no answer have the whistle ready and blow...I guarantee that will stop the bitch.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010