what do u do when your man will not let you be a parent he thinks he has to tell you how to do every little thing with the kids

i need help my man is controlling when it comes to the kids

pam_t_2005

Asked by pam_t_2005 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• your the mom tell him to back off unless he wants to squeeze the next one out
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 4:56 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have the same problem and was thinking about leaving him. I asked CM and they said to do what I thought would make me happy because happy moms function better and children grow better with happy separated parents than they do with angry together parents. I loved the answer so I'm passing it on to you! Good Luck!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• also try simply not listening. do what you normally would. let the lectures go in one ear and out the other. you parent stupid, you know what to do. you are mommy after all! =)
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have another child from prior to meeting my husband. He tries to tell me all the time how to handle things with the babies. I just looked at him once and I was like, I have done this before, not you. IF YOU want things done a certain way YOU DO IT.

That shut him up for awhile. LOL
    tiffanyp1980

Answer by tiffanyp1980 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think the men just do this because they care. Could be done in a better way but don't push them away ladies. If you do that, you will be complaining later about why he's not helping you. Make him do half of everything. We just had our first child and my husband keeps telling me how to hold the baby, how to feed him, how to change his diaper etcc...now I have done all this before since I raised my youngest sister but I just make him feel good by listening. You know you're a good mom and know what you're doing. Don't argue about it. If you tell him to back off or whatever...he will lose interest in the kids and let you do all the work. It's funny cuz I'm watching the movie "The Story of Us" right now and love it every time I have watched it. Makes so much sense
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Several things you can do,,1,,Don't listen to him. 2,,Tell him when I want your oppinion i'll ask you. 3,,Don't do anything for the kids anytime they need anything doen tell them to go to daddy.See how he deals with it. These might work then, they might not

Answer by louise2 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008