so are they scanning because You are Hot? or Not?

Donna D'Errico, ex-Baywatch star: I was singled out for 'naked' TSA scan at airport because I'm hot

BY Aliyah Shahid
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, December 7th 2010, 9:49 AM
Former Baywatch star, Donna D'Errico, said she was singled out for a TSA scan at the airport because 'they thought I was attractive.'
Freeman/Getty
Roy J. Bank, D'Errico's boyfriend, went through security without any problems, even though he 'looks much more like a terrorist,' the former-Baywatch star said.
Mathew Imaging/WireImage
Take our Poll
Pat-Downs Too Personal

Do you think the 'enhanced' security measures (pat-downs, body scanners) are too invasive, or justified precautions?
They are an invasion of my privacy and offensive.
Terrorists are trying to kill us, we need to do what's necessary.
I don't know
Related News

* Articles
* New legislation would make distribution of body-scan images illegal

Former Baywatch star Donna D'Errico said she was stripped of her rights when she was singled out and forced to go through a "naked" TSA scanner at the airport because of her hot looks.

"It is my personal belief that they pulled me aside because they thought I was attractive," the 42-year-old former Playboy Playmate told AOL News. "My boyfriend looks much more like a terrorist than either I or my son do, and he went through security with no problems."

The Baywatch beauty was recently at the Los Angeles International Airport with her 17-year-old son Rhyan and boyfriend Roy J. Bank, the president of Merv Griffin Entertainment. They were on their way to visit a sick relative in Pittsburgh.

D'Errico said she asked the TSA agent why she was chosen to go through the body scan, to which he replied "because you caught my eye." After the search, she noticed the TSA agent who pulled her out of line was smirking with two other employees.

She claimed the screeners never told her she had the option of being searched instead.

Transportation Security Administration spokesman Nico Melendez told AOL News that D'Errico wasn't chosen for any particular purpose.

"If you see the images, you'll know it's not a naked picture," Melendez said. "The passengers are selected at random and not because they're celebrities."

The 385 full-body scanners being used at 68 airports across the country have sparked an outcry from fliers, who argue they're virtual strip searches because they produce invasive, intimate images of passengers.

Full body scans have been criticized for producing invasive images of passengers. (Ellis/Getty)

Federal officials argue the tough measures are necessary to keep travelers safe.

But D'Errico claimed the new rules allow employees to "hide behind the veil of security and safety in order to take advantage of women, or even men for that matter, so that you can see them naked."

She added, "It's a misuse of power and authority, and as much a personal violation as a Peeping Tom. The difference is that Peeping Toms can have charges pressed against them."

ashahid@nydailynews.com

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/12/07/2010-12-07_donna_derrico_exbaywatch_star_i_was_singled_out_for_naked_tsa_scan_at_airport_be.html#ixzz17S416Ty2

the link has pics...

Aasiyah

Asked by Aasiyah at 1:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Now I know why I didnt scanned...... Oh well. I rather not be scanned. I guess it pays to be ugly
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Ok now I'll just feel insulted if they don't pick me out for a scan!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• SMH. I'm not surprised.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 1:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• hmmm. I wonder if her boarding pass had the code on it. If not...well...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It is possible the TSA workers are not skilled people just people who applied and passed a drug screen. The TSA has said the images are not stored that was proven untrue. I was picked for scanning over my husband who is Arab he was laughing that they just passed him through and practically stripped searched me when my tampon showed up on the scan. Not a fun day.
    Anonymous

• Sure, they can go buy an issue, but, she's right there. How many ppl can say they saw a playmate LIVE? She may be an airhead, but she's got a point. They may not pick out ALL hot women to scan, but I'm sure when they get the chance, they do pick some. With the comment made to her, and the smirks, she's got a valid complaint. Airhead or not.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think they were just looking for the secret compartments where she keeps her ego. It's far too big to be carried around in the usual way. . .

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 2:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'm not surprised either, falls under one of those jobs with EXTRA benefits/incentives deals...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The advertise for TSA workers on pizza boxes, and hire men who have previous records for stalking and harrassment. I don't think they are above pulling aside attractive women for additional "screening."
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 3:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• yeah,right. @@ She might be just a little conceited.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2010