My son and dog have destroyed my couch cushions................

I have a lovely bay window which my son and his dog sit on the back of my couch looking as my husband comes home every night. I try to fluff them but not knowing that they do this all the time I think it might be permanent. I have taken them out and pull but just leave my pillows looking deformed .

Do any one know how to fluff the cotton within the pillow so that they stand up again?

karing4elmas

Asked by karing4elmas at 1:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Try replacing the stuffing with firmer suffing or a solid piece of foam. May have to experiment to get the correct shape and comfort but that is what I did with one couch we had. It seemed as soon as we bought it ever cushion saged mid back (three in a row) looked like a roller coaster. Did not want to return it, perfect size and color. So I just bought solid foam from the fabric store and replaced all the loose no shape stuffing. Worked great.
    Soap911

Answer by Soap911 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Maybe you could put the couch against another wall and put a wooden bench in front of the window. If that isnat an option I would just cherish the fact that they look for him to come home and buy a new one in a few years. Nothing you do will make them stand up if they ar going to keep smashing them down daily.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You will probably have to re-stuff them.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I love the way they look and I think I am going to try to find them something to put there on their levels . But the couch is only 3 years old and I would like to keep it
    @Shanna84 I will try it.
    karing4elmas

Comment by karing4elmas (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have the same problem if they are pillows some what like mine i take a big trash bag or leaf bag and put the pillow in it then vacuum all the air out of it with attachment it helps some but also gets all the dust that collects in them. although they never stay this way as they are pure enjoyment for my son to jump on...lol

Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 1:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My pillows are all jacked up too :(

We can't move ours because we've got a piano in the living room and i don't want it near the window or any of the vents.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Had a similar issue - I had no luck in maintaining the fluff.

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 10:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• What about using a vacuum hose? Some vac's will let you reverse the suction so maybe that will work. I would think it might but you'd probably have to do it everyday. Are you able to just stuff more stuffing in it? So that way there's more substance to the pillow?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• i agree with above and gl x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2010