For those of you who had a birth plan, did your delivery go as you planned?

Mine did not. It was very dissappointing and ended in a c-section. I think it went exactly as my doctor planned though. I was too ignorant at the time to know my rights.

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a birth play stage of what everyone was going to do . I was the first time mother who had read all the books and thought I knew everything. Nothing went that way I was in labor 3 days and no one was where I wanted them to be. Now almost three years later I look at my son and know that I still have a blessing and know that with this one ( 13weeks pregnant) I just want to be sure that no drugs and if I need a c section that things are definitely that I need it for my and my child's health not because some doctor being happy to cut.

karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 2:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Nothing ever goes as planned when it comes to kids LOL
    But mine was close I did get induced with #2(not planned) but I had natural with midwife as Id wanted
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 2:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I was really lucky, I had a birth plan and it went as I wanted but admittedly, it was quite fleible. In the end tho, I only used gas and air as specified as I didn't want anything stronger, and baby was delivered onto me. It was all straight forward so was no need to consider other stuff that might happen.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• woohooMine did! I was so super lucky!!!

AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 3:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes, mine did. I was very lucky, I had a natural, happy birth as planned. I am hoping for the same with this one.
    armywife009

Answer by armywife009 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010