School

My kids are still very young but just wondering do you still give notes for when a child is sick or has to be away? and what happens if a kid is late do you get an ear full from the teacher? haha......

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My DD hasn't been late yet so I don't now what happens. She's only Kindergarten so this is her first year in public school. As far as when they're absent yes, you still got to send in a note. Oh yea, you have to call the school the morning they are absent to let them know as well.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Anytime my son is out I have to write a note and send it in his folder his first day back to class. If he is out sick more than a day or two I have to get a doctors note.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Elementary and Middle school we still do notes when they are absent, at the doctors etc.
    High school we don't send anything in because if you don't go over 10 absences per course (courses are a semester long) they don't care why you missed.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You must have a note when absent. In HS, there must be a note when the child is late. No one gives an ear full. Honestly, they don't really care, they just have to complete their paperwork.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Where I teach a parent must CALL the school, even if a note is sent, they need verbal communication.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My son is in preschool and attends a private school. He does have to have a note from the doctor if he is coming in late - the discourage distrubing the class. No sick day notes necessary.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 3:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010