Why?

Why do people answer questions that they offend them just to insult the poster? Have we forgotten the golden rule-- if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all?

sweet29mom

Asked by sweet29mom at 1:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Oh, I don't know that anyone need be nice...

See, what some people find offensive, others find completely neutral or even very funny.

It's important to remember that whenever we read a stranger's words, we do it with a tone of voice we supply --not them. Everything can sound snotty, even 'thank you very much'...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• That is a rule here? lol.
    Stephanie329

Answer by Stephanie329 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Sometimes I don't responsd to a question that I'd like to because I'm not sure it'll be taken the way it would if we were discussing it in person. So much depends on a tone of voice, body language, etc., all those things that can't be adequatly expressed just with words.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 2:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I agree, why waste your time posting on someones spelling or grammer or to say something rude. Theres nothing wrong with disagreeing but try to be nice
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 2:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Because they have nothing better to do with their time.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Because, in anonymity, their actions have no repercussions.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 2:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Sometimes people are downright rude. But sometimes, because you can't tell tone when you see something in print, we might think they are being rude when they don't mean to be.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Most people have
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I totally feel you on that question. Today I had found out that alot of members on cafemom had bashed another member who asked a question because she didn't have the answer herself. I had made a post concerning the issue because "us" moms have to deal with everyday challenges at home, work, and wherever else. It's not fair for us to have to come on cafemom and have to deal with the same thing that we deal with outside of this site. If that was the case then cafemom.com shouldn't exist, right? I think that this site was created for us to be able to relax, help other as well as ourselves, meet new moms, etc. I know other moms is going to bash me for my post but I think that it's worth the bash. We need to be suppportive of one another and let other moms know that it's not okay to behave in such inappropriate and insensitive manners.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• A couple of days ago or somewhere within that period someone had suggested that we invite men on our site to get advice from a man's point of view. Now if cafemom ever decide to do this somewhere down the line I'm concern that some women would treat them the way they treat other women on here. In general, this concept goes for everything in general. We can't just sit back and abuse the next member. If people on here don't have anything reasonable to say then they shouldn't say anything at all. That's just out of consideration to the next person.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2010