Army wifes help please

My husband deploys in may. He and my parents are worried about me being alone for a full year with two kids. I know i need someone around i'm not the type who does well with no other adults or help. I wanted to know if any other military wifes did this the firt time their husband deployed? Or how they did things? And how they made friends i know no one around here and really want to meet girls instead of all army men i'm sick of spending all my free time with army guys around. Back to the question Would you recomend going home or staying here?

youngarmywife

Asked by youngarmywife at 5:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in General Parenting

• stay there! my dh leaves soon, and i'm staying home...i'm not moving back to family. family will just make it harder because they normaly just don't understand. look up a group near you on Cafemom, and you should meet someone, or your neighbors. GL wit ur decision
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:12 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My husband is not in the Army, he is in the Navy, and hasn't been out to sea yet, but I plan on staying where ever we are when he does go out to sea. If you live on base there should be several resources for you to be able to meet people and to help you through the transition. Good luck!!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 5:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I think only you can make that decision. Im not a Army wife, but my SO of 5 years is in the Marines. He's been deployed I went home once before I had a child, I stayed here once before I had a child, he went on a mission for 3 weeks and I stayed although I needed help adn adult company.

I think you know whats best for you your family and your LO's. I also say it depends on their age. If they are in school maybe finish school where you are then move the summer to have company then move back for school again.

If you want a good group to help support you adn be there when you need to talk I'm admin in a wonderful strong running, no drama group called Semper Loves....
    http://www.semperloves.com/semperloves/index.php lots of army wives as well as other branch military SOs
    bigtrucksgirl

Answer by bigtrucksgirl at 6:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Is your DH actice duty,or reserve,national guard???He didn't tell you about FRG meetings??

Answer by louise2 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My husband is active duty. He told me bout FRG when i was pregnant and it was so hot here i could not get myelf outside in my last trimester. I did talk to a captian just the other day. My husband had survery to take his appendix out. I had sargents and captains calling to make sure I was okay with the kids and the situation. I do plan on going to a few meetings when i get the chance but theres one thing i worry about.. Whos going to watch my kids while i'm there and i have to bring my newborn shes breast fed and wont take a bottle no matter whats in it.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 10:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008