if i...

get married will my babies lose thier medicaid my hubby makes like 330 a week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• What's the medicaid income threshold for a family of however many it will be once you get married?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i have no idea....we have 2 kids and hes the only one working..but we live with my mama
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You need to call your case worker. Even if that's too much, there should be something like MiChild (that's what's it's called in Michigan) where you only pay like $5 per month per child to keep health insurance on the kids.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• ok thank you :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I agree with the other poster, either call your worker or look it up on your state's website. We have no idea what state you live in or the income requirements for a family of whatever number of people.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• If you can't find the income thresholds published online, call your caseworker. $330 seems awful low for a family of 3....even with living with your mom. I lived with my ex mother-in-law and was making just over that a week. My kids got to stay on medicaid because I couldn't afford the "family" plan on insurance. Also...is your fiance the father of your babies? If he's not, he's not responsible for their healthcare. Don't want to make an assumption in that area, just stating it in case he's not =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 2:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• no hes the father
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Call your case worker. maine... has some great advice up there.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010