Serious migranes and only 8 weeks along

I will be 8 weeks along tomorrow. Now I know that the first trimester is one of the most critical development stages for the baby, so I was wondering if there was a home remedy or something to get rid of the terrible migranes I have been having. They are serious to the point where I have to lay down and press my hand against my forehead. Or is it safe to take tylenol now??

newmom07142011

Asked by newmom07142011 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Drink a LOT of water. It helped my headaches.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Reglar Tylenol doesn't help my migraines. Maybe call and ask your Dr.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Tylenol is safe. Talk to your doctor if they are frequent to see if anything else can be done.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes Tylenol is safe. For me Chiropractor helped with that. I have not had a migraine in over 7 years.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I had this same problem. My doc told me I could take one baby aspirin, followed by 2 Tylenol and a soda. I could only do this once in 24 hours and it was only meant for the really bad migraines. Please talk to your doctor first before following this advice! I think I was farther along in my pregnancy than you are though. I feel for you!!!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Drink a lot of water, rest, keep noise levels low, keep lights dim, also try moving and getting your blood flowing. Make sure you have eaten a good meal. It is best to try to stay away from any meds.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 3:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010