Christmas for young ones

I thought we could list fun family traitions other people might like for their lil ones

carrot for reindeer-leave one bit(kids find it funny)
baking soda boot print by tree- (for us that don't get alot of snow
PJ on Christmas Eve(to look cute for pic in morning
Jingle bells right after bedtime-they rush to sleep so santa can come
Its gross but I
have boys--we throw rasin on snow out front and boys think its reindeer poop--they are pretty sure its rasin but no one brave enough to test it lol

What else ladies???

raisingmen

Asked by raisingmen at 2:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• we open one gift from mom and dad on the eve - always a book to read before bed or PJ's ....
    Ring bells on xmas eve to give angels their wings - ds is 5 and looooves that.... runs around the house shaking the bell madly yelling - MORE WINGS MORE WINGS!....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• On Christmas Eve after the girls are ready for bed, before they put out Milk & Cookies for Santa they go outside and sprinkle Reindeer Food on the lawn. I give each girl a "special" bag with a poem on it about the food. The food is oatmeal, sugar and some glitter to make it sparkle. They get new pj's every christmas eve too.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My son will be 3 in January, so this is a BIG year; first where he is really understanding and aware of what the holiday is.
    We'll be leaving cookies and milk out for Santa Claus and a carrot for the reindeer.
    I don't believe in leaving physical evidence though, because we don't believe Santa to be a physical reality, but he is a spiritual deity of sorts so leaving an offering makes perfect sense.
    I DO LOVE the idea of ringing sleigh bells outside though...because there is something truly mystical and wonderful about that...and anyone who hears it would feel that magic...
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 10:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2010