4 days late

my period is 4 days late. I took a test yesterday and it was negative.
my period always starts the first couple days of each month. SHouldnt it show up on a test by now? If I go to the doctors will it show up with blood work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes to the bloodwork
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Blood work is the most sensitive for pick up hormones that are triggered by pregnancy.

For the urine test, it is best to wait a week or even two before using it and to use it FIRST thing in the morning as the hormones build up over night in your urine.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes, if you go to the doctor it will show up on your blood work, if you are pregnant. You can also get a false negetive sometimes. I would recommend waiting though, because periods aren't perfect and sometimes they come late. I have my period regularly and once it showed up 2 weeks late! I was stressing lol! Try taking another home pregnancy test in a week if your period still hasn't started.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 3:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010