Anyone ever cook for someone ...

... and had them openly hate what you took the time to prepare?

amybaby_19

Asked by amybaby_19 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My kids tell me all the time that what I make is disgusting (4 and 2.5...the 1.5 will eat anything).....and that is before they even open their mouths to try it.....does that count? lol
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 3:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Oh yeah.

Sometimes, experiments are outright fails. Peanut butter toast is a nice backup... and it helps not to put your whole self into things you can't control: like other people's taste.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No, it has never happened to me, and if they hated it , they didn't let me know.

Answer by older at 2:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• oh yeah, I am amazed at how rude some people can be. I have a SIL who will take a bite and then make a face and ask "what is that?" But she will also open her birthday or christmas gift and tell you that she hates it or that you obviously didn't put any thought into it as she tosses it aside and rolls eyes and crosses her legs. I have learned to just ignore it and not really care all that much.
    Anonymous

• No, or like older said they never told me
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 2:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I made a recipe from a cooking magazine one time for my brother who was visiting, and after he ate it he said it was good, but he's used to eating dishes with flavor. Needless to say, I didn't make that one again!
    amybaby_19

Comment by amybaby_19 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• ALL the time. My fiance's brothers wont eat anything, but junk food and throw a fit whenever I make dinner.
    trentonsmom2010

Answer by trentonsmom2010 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Once, my husband said "It's not bad once you get past that weird taste!" after I made a mac and cheese recipe with nutmeg in it. Never put nutmeg in a savory recipe again! Normally he'll make a gentle comment if he doesn't like something. Otherwise, people have always been super polite.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes my MIL HATES everything I cook. But funny thing is she asked my hubby for some of my recipes hmm.... she hates it huh?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes. According to my parents, my food is "too exotic" and I use too many spices and herbs.

Yet, when I make cheesecake they rave (and I add ground nuts, nutmeg, cinnamon and all spice to my graham cracker crumbs!)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010