Stretch Marks

I was wondering if anyone has found a remedy that worked on helping to prevent stretch marks. I know that obviously we cant stop it but is there a way to make them not look as obvious. Im only 20. Does coco butter work?? 8 weeks along

newmom07142011

Asked by newmom07142011 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Cocoa butter is good, you just got to spread it on every single day, whether you think you need it or not.

Answer by older at 2:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I used coco butter with my forst pregnancy and my current, I do have stretch marks but they aren't too bad. Apparently it's genetic, if your mum had them then your likely to aswell!! I found that continuing with the coco butter after the pregnancy really helped them fade and they have only come back with my current pregnancy where I already had them in the past.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 2:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I've heard cocoa butter works. I've also heard that lanolin and vitamin E work, too. Back in my day, they just happened. There wasn't much on the market to help elasticize the skin. LOL. Or rather, advertised and used as such. LOL.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My cousin pretty much bathed in coco butter and she never had one. So I guess it works.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't believ that is nessessarly true about not getting them if you mom didn't my mom didn't get one stretch mark even now at 47 she doesn't not have one on her belly my sister however has very few and me I have them all over my belly, sides, few on my lower back, on my thigh and on my boobs. I even have them down you know where. I didn't use nothing though because I didn't have any up until 8 months and when I got them they were all over no way to prevent them after that. If I new I was going to get them I would have used something on them so use something anyway to help with it. My mom didn't, but some girls are just lucky that way i guess
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• BioOil helped fade the ones from my first pregnancy, and I didn't get any more stretch marks with my 4 subsequent pregnancies.

Answer by missanc at 2:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I only got stretch marks on my butt and boobs. None on my belly and it went almost flat right after labor again. Hoping for none this time around :) I'm 8 weeks.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Cocoa butter is the best you can do. But it really will not help but only the slightest bit.

I'm 21, and I swear I have the worst stretch marks in the world! I'm pale and they are dark red and brown. They are also everywhere! My boobs, tummy, sides, legs, even my butt crack!

Really only time will make them fade.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 3:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Nothing works. It is just genetic I think. I used Cocoa butter almost every day of my first pregnancy and I didn't have any stretch marks until around 30 weeks. Then when they appeared they got worse and worse. Very dark red and all over. If people say it works, it is only because they were never going to get them in the first place. Good luck.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2010