Elizabeth Edwards

I'm so saddened by the news that she's stopped her cancer treatment and does not have much longer to live. My husband had an affair right before the news broke of John Edwards' affair. I think she was so strong and resilient during those times, especially when she was sick, I admired her strength. I'm also a little saddened that she has to leave behind her children. Do you think John Edwards will raise the children with his former mistress once Elizabeth has passed on?

amybaby_19

Asked by amybaby_19 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• All those years with that egomaniac.

He really is disgusting scum, a horrendous person, you just don't treat people that way.

She was giving that azzhole kids at 48 and 50.

And she got what from him in return?

Such a loser.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Ugh, I feel so bad for her and I can't stand that man. I just hope the kids are taken care of.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:47 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Are John and Rielle still together? What happened to him, is he in hiding?
    Answer by gramsmom

No, they're not. He's apparently with his (estranged)wife and children.
    I really do admire Elizabeth for her grace and strength through all of this. I thought she was a great lady when he was running with John Kerry.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Very sad news...

Are John and Rielle still together? What happened to him, is he in hiding?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:47 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think the other skank will move in with the "love child" very soon after she dies. He is done politically anyway so he doesn't have that to worry about. I think him and Reille Hunter deserve each other two self absorbed people who only think of themselves wonder how long they will last. I wish Elizabeth could have lived long enough so her kids wouldn't be exposed to all of that. Very sad.

Anonymous

• I heard the news today...so sad!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I didn't hear she passed, very sad...I know she lost a son some time ago I hope they are together now
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 6:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• if he isn't in jail he might
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• So sad. She is such a strong woman to have gone through everything she has dealt with and still have a positive attitude.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I am also sad for her and her children, I am sure she and John have spoken about what she would like the children raised and also she does have the older daughter who will be a big part of their up bringing.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2010