Do you mind if your husband texts other women?

What do you say? It's just stupid jokes back and forth. Personally I view it as a form of flirtation no matter how innocent it seems, and I respect my husband too much to do it to him, but he doesn't get what the big deal is.

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Besides me, my husband only speaks to his mommy & sister on his cell phone. He would not & does not, "chat"with or text other women.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Depends on the situation.. If its just a question or something.. then okay.. but I don't want him texting other girls all day.. & it also depends on the girl.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My hubby doesn't know how to text!!!!!! but if he did, I would find it a bit odd that he would be texting women!

Answer by older at 2:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• If it's for work, I don't care. If it was for fun, I won't lie, I wouldn't like it. It's not my husband that I don't trust, it's other womens intentions. While I know my husband wouldn't flirt back, I still find it offensive when someone tries to flirt with him.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• if its passing jokes along..funny emails..i'm okay...who knows..they could be forwarding that stuff to everyone. if its actual conversations then i would be super pissed off. If he wants to talk to a female he has me..his mother..plenty to talk to
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• He's subconsciously developing a relationship with another person by exchanging jokes. The next thing is he's going to think she's funny ... and maybe she's kind of cute ... she thinks he's funny (and guys fall heavy for girls that show them attention). If it upsets you, he should stop, with a smile on his face, no ifs ands or buts.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Dh is a luddite and hasn't even got a cellphone. Poor guy. I can't make him want one.

Of course, he goes to sea for months at a time on a ship staffed with men, women, gays and lesbians... so I'm not sure exactly what I'd get all heated up about texts for.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Depends on what they are saying and how often they text.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• IT WOULDNT BOTHER ME IF THE WOMEN WERE MUTUAL FRIENDS OF OURS. RANDOM SINGLE WOMEN THAT ARENT MARRIED N TEXT AT INAPPRORIATE TIMES OR WITH VULGER MESSAGES THEN ABSOLUTLY NOT. I DONT EVEN THINK MY HUBBS WOULD LIKE THAT VERY MUCH. BUT I DONT SEE THE BIG DEAL IN A TEXT HERE AND THERE TO SEE HOW HE'S DOIN OR WHATEVER. WE HAVE A LOT OF TRUST IN OUR MARRIAGE.
    1210MG

Answer by 1210MG at 2:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have male friends that I text sometimes. If you trust him it shouldn't be a problem.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2010