my Fourth Grader has to write a book, where can I get a template?

My 4th grader has to write a book for his second grade book buddy. Are there any websites out there to guide him in putting together his book? The websites I have seen are more for the adult wanting to write children's books. I am looking for something for his ability. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

candinicolo

Asked by candinicolo at 2:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Um... do you do a lot of your 4th grader's homework?

Isn't this kind of rudimentary research that is just a part of the project? I would think it is.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Um.... I am looking for a template, not the answers to the book. We have already done the research, He just needs a structered way to inpit the information himself. No need to be negative....
    candinicolo

Comment by candinicolo (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I googled it for you and found tons of templates for free under "writing a children book template". Not being negative, I completely understand wanting to find the template to get an idea, but wouldn't it be fun to let him decide how to lay out his book - I would think that it would be a great memory keeper for the future. If there are no strict guidelines from the school, maybe look through the templates together and get some ideas then let his imagination run with it. I hope he gets an A!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 7:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010