Do you let your kids decorate?

the tree or do you do it and have to have it a certain way and then have one for the kids to do just asking b/c i was at friends and they wouldn't let the kids do any of the decorating and i just think that's sad

Paigesmommy78

Asked by Paigesmommy78 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have always let the kids decorate the tree! They are older now and it's fun to show them pictures of Christmas past and how the trees have looked over the years!
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 2:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I let my kids decorate the tree, that's half the fun, but when they go to sleep I'll move the ornaments where I think they should be.
    SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 2:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My SO put the tree up.. The lights are already on (pre-lit)
    My SO & I put the garland on..
    Our daughters put up the decorations.. & ALL the candy canes are at the bottom of the tree! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I let my kids do it. I just hand them the ornaments out of the box and they place them on the tree.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I let my dd help. I have to admit it was hard because I always wanted it to look a certain way. But when she was little I let her help anyway. When she was older and we had more room I got two trees and I let her and SD decorate one however they wanted and I had one that I would do.
    Anonymous

• I do it with them. I lrt them put things wherever they want. If I don't like it at the end, i move things when they go to sleep.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• When I was growing up we had two trees - one in the living room that my mom pretty much decorated and then on in the playroom for us kids to do. We just have one tree and my kids decorate it mostly, although I have been known to go back and redistribute the ornaments when they are done.

Answer by missanc at 2:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I seek to control myself, not my environment. My kids, when they were little, were living in their home and decorating their tree.

However much I'd love to have a house that is MINE, a tree that is MINE or a life that was MINE ... but I live with my family, and it's all theirs too.

I have often wondered about the parents who make it very clear to their children that the house belongs strictly and solely to the adults. Where is the kids' home?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I let my five year old help me with the tree. She enjoys being included on projects like that.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 2:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have a friend who has a dd that's 8 she doesn't let her do any decorating as a matter of fact she does everything while her dd is with her dad and my friend says "she hates all the work" so she only does it like 2 wks before xmas and takes it down the day after xmas. It's sad, I told her that I thought it was terrible that she wasn't letting her dd enjoy the season.
    Anonymous