Drastic hair change

Have you ever made a drastic change to your hairstyle, either color or cut or both, and what was the reaction of family and friends? Did you regret it later?

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 2:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, I went from dark hair to highlights, and they all loved it.

Answer by older at 2:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Got my hair cut pretty short with color. My boyfriend at the time was not so crazy about it, I don't think. It was a little passed my shoulders with auburn and blond highlights.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 2:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I used to have hair to my butt. I cut it off shoulder length, loved it --had it highlighted and loved it, had it turned red and loved it, then had it permed and loved it, then had it cut off super-short and loved it, then grew it out again and loved it...

I've had it short for years now and I don't think I'll grow it out again... but who knows. I don't regret hair changes, at least partly because I have had real luck with talented stylists, but also because my hair grows really fast. One year I decided in February that I wanted my hair in a bun for Christmas... it was under 4" long at the time I decided that and more than 14" long by December.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes, I went from long hair to short hair and everyone loved it.  It took 10 years off me.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Last week I went from platinum to brown! I've been blonde all my life and wanted a change. I don't think my family really likes it but it's becuase I've had the same hair color my whole life and they're not used to the change. Last year I had fairly long hair and chopped it to a pixie cut. My family said they loved it and wanted me to keep the style but my hubby liked it better long.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I had long hair for most of my life. I decided to grow it as long as I could to donate it I think the stylist was able to get about 8 to 10 inches. I then got 2 different colors for highlights and had it straightened (neither done before, either). Everyone loved it and I didn't regret it a bit. The change was welcome and I liked short hair so much I had it cut shorter 2 more times. (I finally settled on shoulder-length after a while, though, because I can pull my hair into a ponytail.)
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 12:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yep I went all the way blonde lol, I have naturally dark hair. Wow what a change. Everyone was kinda shocked at first but they got used to it. Its just like anything else once you see it enough it looks normal. Lol
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 12:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My hair was about 3 in from my butt, I got it cut to a bob cut, the front was to my chin the back was almost shaved. I donated my hair to locks of love, I loved the hair cut! I then dyed it from dark brown to blonde and pink highlights. Loved it. Since then i have let it grow long again. It is about mid back. I want it longer but I really loved my hair short. I also like that now i can just pull my hair up and I don't have to flatten my hair everyday.
    TiffanyPlew

Answer by TiffanyPlew at 11:59 AM on Dec. 10, 2010