what do you moms think of teachers calling on the weekend?

lifesong

Asked by lifesong at 2:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I have no problem with that. It's wonderful to have a teacher who cares enough to call. Whenever she gets a chance is fine with me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Depends on what they are trying to tell you. I get automated calls al the time; mostly about things like upcoming events.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 3:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• If it was important Id want to know why she waited, if it was minor I d thank her for her time and not making me wait till monday.
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I would be happy that she cares enough to take her personal time to update me. Not many do anymore.
    Dakee

Answer by Dakee at 3:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• When else are they going to call? They are quite often busy grading papers until far to late to call, they know many parents work during the week. They have their own families with their own schedules. I'd just be glad that the teacher called.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I agree, not many will take the time anymore.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'm thrilled when a teacher will take the time to call me, no matter when it is!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 3:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• im a parent 24/7.. so anyone who needs to call me about my child, can do so.. whenever :-)
    a teachers working hours is only mon-fri so for them to go out of their work time to call is very nice.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I would be shocked and sooooo damned impressed that they are working so hard for my child's sake.

For what teachers are expected to do, and the poop they put up from with parents while dealing with the red tape from school districts they simply do not get paid enough.  I think if they are taking the time to call ME on the weekend then I should be thrilled they are putting so much effort into their job.

Anonymous

• I think that a teacher calling on the weekend is going above and beyond, that don't have to do that so I would be happy that they care about my child that much.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2010