Baby Keepsakes - What did you keep?

Right now, I've kept everything. The only thing I sold was a batch of 0-3 clothing, but I did keep several articles of that as well.

I still have her crib, changing table, swing, travel system, etc... Every single thing. She's 18 months old, and while I find it pretty much impossible to sort through the stuff and sell it, I'm not sure if I'm being unreasonable, or if I have a right to hold my ground. It's really starting to accumulate in the garage!

We don't plan on having another one (I've had three miscarriages and one pass from SIDS, I am truly done with kids), and I know carseats and cribs do expire. Would I be right to sell those things and hold on to the clothing?

Ugh. If you've been in my shoes, please tell me how you dealt with this.

Razelda

Asked by Razelda at 3:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• The one thing that comes to mind is DD's first Halloween costume. She was a pumpkin and had matching little gloves even.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 3:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Maybe it would be easier to give it away to family in need, I kept alot of my stuff but when I seen stuggling families it made it easier to let it go
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• @ Tryin - Oh yeah. Her nice dresses, some sentimental outfits, first costumes, etc. are definitely being kept. I refuse to get rid of those things!
    Razelda

Comment by Razelda (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• @ Raising - Yeah, it would. I'm just wondering what are the norms to keep? I don't have a single thing as kid (one picture, that's it) so I really have no idea what I am supposed to hold onto!
    Razelda

Comment by Razelda (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• All four of my children wore the same booties home from the hospital - they had my husbands college team emblem on them. We still have those. Some hand made blankets and that's it.
    My twins clothes went to a woman pregnant with twin boys in a battered women's shelter.
    My daughter's clothes went to a family in our church whose house burned down.
    My youngest son's clothes when to my sister who has a son about 3 mos. younger.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I got rid of EVERYTHING.. we are still trying to sell the crib/ breast pump but that's it.. I donated or passed to friends.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i kept everything :) never know when youll have another!
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i kept several outfits and first beloved toys. I've also kept their first teeth. I love raisingmen's idea.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 3:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• nothing.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 3:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I want to start off by saying that I'm sorry about your loses. I haven't been in that situation but I think you may be holding on to it because of what you have lost. Now for me I kept all of the stuff from the hospital (bracelets, hat, blankets, etc.) I have the pair of shoes she started walking in. I am keeping her first dance shoes (ballet, tap and jazz).
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2010