ok moms with little girls?

How do you get them to let you leave a ponytail or Barrett in there hair? My dd is 19 months and wont she keeps taking it out. Her hair is getting so long now her bangs are constantly in her face. I wanted her bangs to grow out with the rest of her hair but not sure how to keep her bangs out of her face. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If I had a penny for each time I reattached my dd's barretts, I would be RICH! I have the EXACT same problem so I will def. check back to see your responses.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 5:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My oldest daughter was so stubborn about that too! I'd put them in and she'd pull them out, even if it meant taking her hair with it! She has wild curly hair, and I was determined she wasn't going to look like a cave girl everyday, so I just kept putting them in. Eventually, she got used to them and quit pulling them out.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• well my with my 2 yr old nothing worked so I cut them. With my 3 yr old her hair is really fine so sometimes I just comb it to the sides & put a little hair spray on it. Not much of a solution but it works for me.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Lol! I always had the same problem! I would get them dressed and combed (and I would really try and take my time to do really cute things), then I would load them in their carseat, get in the driver side (or probably run inside because I forgot something) and when I would look at them again they had completely taken everything out of their hair and they would just sit there smiling at me with all their hair in their face. Lol! This was eight and twelve years ago, so I can't really say what I did. I think I just kept a bottle of hairspray, a brush, and extra barrettes and stuff in my purse. My sister cut her daughters hair in a cute short haircut that didn't need anything. That might work. Anyway, good luck and enjoy her!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My daughter also had long bangs that got in her eyes. I used to tie only the front of her hair in a little ponytail to keep it out of her eyes. It looked really cute. They make tiny little rubber bands specifically for baby hair.
    myrrha68

Answer by myrrha68 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Im having the same problem with my 16 month old. Her bangs are getting really long and are always in her eyes. I have to wet her hair in order to keep it back, but when it dries it goes right back in her eyes.. She thinks its funny to take her hair out of a ponytail and just laughs at me. I really dont want to cut her hair at all. she is so small and i dont think it will matter because her hair is going to continue to grow..I dont put any kind of hair products in her hair because i feel she is too young for all that stuff.. I havent tried using those little barrets so thats my next step..good luck
    Jaedynnsmommy

Answer by Jaedynnsmommy at 7:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i better count my blessings. lol. My daughter is almost 19 months and she has had hair since she was 3 months old and thats when i started putting stuff in her hair. she pulls them out sometime but hardly. i think she is just use to it or doesnt notice it. try to do it when she is concentrated on something else. like eatting or watching a cartoon she is into. just put it up and distract her from what you just did and she might forget. i also use the really little rubber bands that are a one time use. they keep the hair tight and are hard for her to pull out.
    MomGoneCrazyX2

Answer by MomGoneCrazyX2 at 2:16 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• my twins are 19 months and up to like 12 monhts they'd never leave anything in their hair. i also wanted their bangs to grow out but gave up and gave them bangs. now they will keep stuff in their hair but i still keep cutting their bangs. you'd be surprised how cute they can look with bangs even if you accidentally cut them too short like a do half the time.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2008