my dd has a temp of 99.8 is that cause she has pink eye?

well actually that is what we are guessing that she has. Her eye is re, draingage, puffy. So we called the doctor yesterday she called in some eye drops without having to see her. I have to give her 4 drops a day for 7 days I started last night so she got one drop last night then today 3 drops so far she isn't wearing clothes (she always takes them off lol) she is almost 3 years old. She is acting fine and everything, but she felt warm so I took her temp and it was 99.8 is that just because of the eye infection? Normally her temp runs 98.6-98.8. I put drops in both eyes, but the one is really bad and when I do the one eye she doesn't say anything, but when I do the other one she says it burns. When should I take her to to er?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Probably not from pink eye itself. but from the original cause which could have been a cold germ. not to worry about until you reach a temp. of over 101.
    revbeth

Answer by revbeth at 3:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I agree. Wait and see if the medicine works for the next couple days. 99.8 isn't that high of a fever, it will actually help fight the infection.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No need to take her to the ER. You are treating it, it will take a few days to go away. I don't think that has anything to do with her temp. A temp of 99.8 is no cause for concern.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• No, pink eye doesn't cause a fever and is not caused from a fever. She needs to be seen by the doctor, she could have a cold in her eye instead of pink eye.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Just give her something to bring it down. You're fine. I'd also see what your doc says about maybe buying an eye wash to use before one of the drop times. You can get them for like 5 bucks at walmart.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 12:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• 99.8 isn't high by any means. I wouldn't even be treating it at this point. Just let it run it's course. I wouldn't start treating the fever til it reaches over 101.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 1:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010