how long does it usally take for potty trining?????

my kid is 10 going on 11 now but when she was little it took her a year in a half to learn to go to the bathroom in the toilet. now she even has accedents in her ber atleast once a week, is that normal for a 10 year old???? D: D: i am sooooooooooooooooooooo worried!! we go to the docters at least 5 times a year mabey more but he says she is alright!!!! aaaaaaggggggghhhhhh!!!!!!
HELP!!!!!!!!!

gracielovesmom

Asked by gracielovesmom at 3:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• i dont know what to do
    gracielovesmom

Comment by gracielovesmom (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• That is a little late for bladder issues.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My son was 14 when he finally stopped wetting the bed. Some kids just don't have a mature bladder. There is nothing you can do about it. Put her in GoodNights.
    Anonymous

• ok that is a good idea, i also think she is starting her period because she has a bottomless stomach and she is craveing sweet unsweet an so on
    gracielovesmom

Comment by gracielovesmom (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think I would take her to the doctor and have EVERYTHING checked out. That seems VERY odd.
    Anonymous

• Try a different dr because unless her bladder isn't mature then something might be wrong. Our daughter has been really easy for all the milestones. She learned to ride a bike in an hour.She was potty trained within a week. We actually went to the store one night and she wanted underwear. So we told her it was either pull ups or underwear that we bought. She decided underwear. so she peed in them once and didn't like the feel so didn't do it again. She's been really easy.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 5:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Take her to a Urologist and have her checked out, she could have a weak bladder, an under developed bladder or something else wrong that can be controlled with medication.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My first question is whether there has been any recent emotional trauma. (And maybe not 'traumatic' to you, but could be to her). Also, those are symptoms of early diabetes. DH had it at 11 and we're monitoring SD who's 9 for any symptoms because he and his brother both got type I around her age. Endless appetite, weird cravings, bladder issues, if a urologist can't help, check out an endocrinologist.
    sarahtessa

Answer by sarahtessa at 12:04 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I used to wet the bed when I was younger till I was about 8 due to my parents going through a divorce. Maybe she is under a lot of stress.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2010

• My SD is 8 & has occasional night time accidents. We went to see our ARNP who advised that SD probably just has an immature bladder. So, we avoid any beverages after 7 pm, have her pee right before bed at 9, & then get her up to pee when we go to bed, usually around 12. We also figured out that if she is really cold, she will pee her bed.
    SaraBeth1204

Answer by SaraBeth1204 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 8, 2010