What do you think?

My 7 year old son started to get a hive like rash on his stomach area two days ago...today he is throwing up when he eats...he has an appointment with the doctor. Other than those symptoms he is fine. He still has regular energy, he still is happy, and every once in awhile he is itchy. That's about it! What could it be? My mom seems to think he has a mild case of chicken pox...but he had the vaccine which is like 90% effective. What do other mom's think of this?

raybell

Asked by raybell at 5:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Kids' Health

• the vaccine is not that effective.
    when did he get the shot? how long ago????

are they bumps and dots? or are the dishaped blotches and patches
    Anonymous

• He got the shot when he was 2 or 3...now he's 7. They are dots on his butt but on his stomach area they are blotches.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 5:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Their are so many rashes out there. What oit sounds like to me...It is quite possible it could be strep. Strep can turn into a rash and it also starts on their abdomen...Most likely not chicken pox. Especially with the vomiting. I hope he feels better soon!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 7:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2008