Too much Spit up?

OK... My baby is 5 weeks old & she seems to be spitting up a lot, sometimes in the middle of feeding her. Also, she will start to cry with the bottle still in her mouth. Is that because her tummy is upset? HELP?!

jenna_rose

Asked by jenna_rose at 3:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be reflux. My daughter had it too. You could switch to GentleEase formula. But it didn't make much of a difference for us.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It could be acid reflux, my son has this, and we ended up having to put him on meds for it! We also give him formula for spitting up as well!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It would be to early to determine right now. I would talk to Pediatrician and go from there. It could be upset tummy from the formula it could be acid reflux but it's hard to determine on the best approach this early in the game.

Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Sounds like reflux.
    Talk to her pediatrician about a possible formula change which could help...
    Also when you feed her, feed her more upright, make sure the nipple is full with milk so she isn't gulping air, do small frequent feedings, burp often and keep her upright at least 30 mins after feedings and see if that helps.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• maybe you are feeding her too much. if she throws up in the middle of you feeding her. stop feeding her and give her a break. if she starts crying while you are feeding her, stop and take a break. it's her way of telling you "she's done" or "she's uncomfortable". my baby took only 2oz ever 3hrs until she was 2 months old. then she took 4oz.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 1:51 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Burp her more often during feedings and I agree that you should mention this to her doctor.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:57 AM on Dec. 17, 2010