Anyone know anything about Nuchal Translucency tests during pregnancy?

I am 33 and I am 12 weeks 4 days pregnant. Today I had the nuchal transluncency ultrasound. They saw the nasal bone- which was good and he spot in the brain good...and then they measured the nuchal fold... not good! It was 3mm. The doc took us in his office and siad this may mean that my baby has a chromosomal abnormality or a heart problem. He suggested thatI get the blood work...so I did- and it will take 5-10 days to get back. I am wondering if others have gone through a similar experience- and what was the outcome? Thanks

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 3:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• I'm 41, I had a nuchal translucency ultrasound. Mine ruled out Down's Syndrome. I also had the blood work done, and it showed a possible issue with chromosomes 13 or 18. A hi-res ultrasound has pretty much ruled out any issues, we saw good heart inflow and her hands were open (closed hands can indicate a problem). There is still a slight chance that something could be wrong (most babies don't read the textbook) but I feel pretty good about it.

Good luck to you and don't stress yourself out!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 3:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Fist... is a good example to use. Try not to stress out about it and take things one day and test at a time.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2010