I was bit by a yellow sac spider about two weeks ago (not for the weak)

last night I felt something poking out of the sore bite. I took my tweezers and pulled out what seemed to be a fang from the spider. (ewie creepie vomit)

Well now I just noticed that I have a crater where the bite is and it is obviously infected. It is also very painful, the pain shoots about six inches around the bite. The infected area is small and only about the size of a pencil eraser.

It is too late to call my doc today. Do you know anything about spider bites and if I should be seen in urgent care or wait to call doc in the AM?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 5:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've watched too many episodes of House. I would probably go to Urgent Care. Have you googled the spider to see if it has a poison that decays skin or anything scary?

http://www.hobospider.org/yellosac.html

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 5:21 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Its not to late, especially with the pain. A brown recluse spider leaves in its bite dead meat(YUK) I hate saying that. It does start out like a crater looking hole. I don't know what a yellow sac spider is. I do know some spiders can leave enough venom in them to kill skin , tissue, etc until it is dug out. Don't wait. Its better to be safe than sorry
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• It def. wouldnt hurt to go the the ER if it hurts!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yeah I would surely go see about it ASAP. My grandma got bit by one of those brown recluse ones on the back of her lower leg. The sore went through almost to the other side of her leg!
    Anonymous

• I would defiantly go to the ER or Urgent Care if you are pregnant.
    Anonymous

• GET TO THE HOSPITAL now i know i only saw this on tv (the dr. channel on cable) but to pass along the info i found out may i add this may be gross. this guy got bit by a spider on his leg there was a crater like thing and oozie stuff coming out of it he didnt go to the dr right away but two weeks later he had to because it started to get darker around the woundand he was sweaty and weak feeling. He bairly made it to the hospital but when they did they immediately took him in and put him in the surgery room they said the longer you wait the more bothersome it may be to your body. they did surgery took half of the skin off to where you could see the bone and bandaged it up to get all the poison out of it. He was lucky if he had waited any longer he could of had his leg amputated. my advice would be to go to the hopital and get it checked out you never can be to sure about stuff nowadays.
    alangel17

Answer by alangel17 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I had to delete some of my answer cause it was too long but i wanted to spare you the gory details of the story and i wanted to know if you wanted to send me a friend request to tell me how you are doing and what all happened. You might want to tell your parents or a family member to see what they say to but my advice is to go to the hospital.
    alangel17

Answer by alangel17 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Call your doctor tomorrow am unless you have a fever, aches, chills or other signs of a systemic infection or you won't make it through the night with the pain. It is not too late to see the doctor. An antibiotic will probably be given.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 6:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• iv been big by a spider myself i ended up with a staff infection from it and it had to be cut and drained so my advice is if your not running a fever or anything major waitng to see your doctor tomorrow is probably ok but you can always call the er and ask a nurse what they think either way make sure you see someone.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• ok so i change my mind i just looked up the yellow sack spider and it says you should seek medical attention asap after being bit so you might wana go ahead and go to the er tonight. I found a website on them by googling. Take a look if you want first.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 6, 2008