Have you been outside?

Have you been outside the U.S.A.? If so, where? Would you go back? Was it pricey? What were the locals like?

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 4:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Travel

• I have traveled a great deal. Europe, The British Isles, Central and South America, Asia, Mexico, Canada, The tropics, the Caribbean, New Zealand. I enjoyed each place for different reasons, and have never met a stranger. Some places are more expensive than others, depending on the strength of the dollar against a particular country's currency. It is easier to travel where is English is readily spoken, if you are not multi-lingual.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• not on purpose! We got in the wrong lane on the highway in San Diego and ended up in Mexico for a few minutes and had to turn around! lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Does Canada count? You didn't need a pass port at the time so it was just walking across a bridge. Locals were nice. It was a little more expensive but not bad.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I went to Ottawa, Canada. It was very pretty. Very inexpensive and something I'll never forget.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 4:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I've been to France, England, Egypt (lived there), Lebanon, Grand Cayman, Mexico, Jamaica, Canada & Holland.  Loved every one of them!  Can't wait to go back to some of them and can't wait to add new countries to the list.

specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• LOL @ butterfly... HOW? I live in San Diego and it is pretty hard to miss ALL the signs telling you where you are going.

I have been to Jamaca. It was lovely, locals were nice.
    I have been to the Bahamas. It was lovely, locals were nice.
    I have been to MANY different areas of Mexico. It was ok. Locals were fine. Im not a huge fan.
    Anonymous

• yes---we lived in Germany twice,for a total of 7 years. We traveled a lotbecause it was cheap---in the 1970's, and found most people were very nice. We have been to Mexico and Canada too.
    Everything is going to be more expensive now.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Sydney, Australia - amazing city, really clean, locals were great, would move there in a heartbeat
    Cozumel, Mexico - loved it, didn't leave the resort much, don't really need to go back, but wouldn't mind
    Iraq, Kuwait, and Qatar - don't really recommend them for a vacation although the government was nice enough to give me two free round trip tickets there :) Not in a hurry to go back...
    Germany, the Netherlands - loved them both, we went in December and had a blast going to all the Christmas markets, seeing Neuschwanstein in the snow, etc. More Dutch people that we encountered spoke English, the Germans, not as many but luckily my brother is fluent so it worked out. Another place I would live in a heartbeat, and we're already planning our next trip there.
    Vancouver, BC - short trip but really liked it, gorgeous scenery, nice people, not many noticeable differences from the US for the short time we were there.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Lots of different places. We loved Paris, Turks & Caicos, Puerto Rico, Mexico (Cabo & Cozumel), Bonaire, Dublin, and London. The only place we didn't care for was the Bahamas, it was a little dirty and crowded, we won't go back. We've found that if you don't "act like a tourist" the locals are really, really nice. We try to speak the language, participate in local customs, and go off the typical tourist path.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Jamaica, the Bahamas and Mexico. It depended on where I was wether I was fond of the locals and they treated me. Some areas were better than others. I would go back to all three in a heartbeat. I had a great time on all three trips!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010