would you take her or leave her?

sunday afternoon, hubby and i have to drive a 5-6 hour drive (depending on traffic) to GA. he has to go to court in the morning, just to get one thing straightened out. anyway, we already have the babysitter situation figured out. my parents are spending the night, my mom will take my oldest to school and then go to work, my dad will stay here & take care of our younger 2, then his mom will pick up my oldest, bring her home & take over for my dad til we get back. hopefully we should be halfway or atleast have left by the time she gets home from school. last time we went, we were in court til 4 pm but usually we're out by 11 and home by 5ish.

anyway, a close friend of mine is up there where we're going for the return of her hubby's deployment. we all went to school together & know eachother well. her 4 year old & my 4 year old are best friends. they're staying in a hotel and must be very bored because she asked me today if i could bring my oldest with us, and she could stay with them sunday and the next day til we get done with court. i have no problem with doing that, but my mom thinks it's stupid. still have to check with hubby but i dont think he'll care either.

yea, it's a long drive for a short trip. but, we used to live up there, it's a military town and hubby was stationed in that same town. so when we lived there we'd come home to florida every 4 day weekend we had, and my daughter was 2 then and had no problems.

i will probably leave her here, just because i dont want my mom arguing with me about it. just curious if in this situation would you take her?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Travel

• I dont know that I would take a 4 yr old on a 10 hour round trip just to play with a friend.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:10 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• If it is a good friend my child doesn't get to see often then yeah I probably would take them...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't know that I'd take her, it's a long drive. It's sweet of your friend to offer to watch her while you're in court, but I know my kids at that age wouldn't have enjoyed the short visit/long drive.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• sigh.. she's not going to court with me...
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Are you asking if you should take your 4-year-old with you to hang out with your friend and her daughter?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• yes tam, thats what im asking. but mostly asking if you would take her on a 5 hour road trip for just a short visit.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:00 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't take her to court with you.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 4:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i wouldnt take her to court
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:02 AM on Dec. 8, 2010