Santa Shop?

does your school have Santa Shop, and if so did your child participate in it this year?

my 4 year old brought home the gifts she picked out today. we put them under the tree together. i am DYING to see what she picked lol! i had her buy for me & daddy together, my mom&dad together, her middle sister, and my grandma. i just can't wait to see what she bought for us :) i think it's such a sweet little thing to do for the kids! and she brought home reindeer food! :)

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• My son bought things from our Santa Shop this year too! They are wrapped and under the tree, he is dying to go ahead and tell me but I wont let him..lol

Last year he bought me a Christmas candle, he was so proud...tells me to smell it all the time! :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Don't get too excited! LOL! It will just be something cheesey. BUT it's so sweet to let them surprise you on Christmas. Yes, this is the first year that my youngest's school is doing it. He is in 6th grade and excited about it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• One school did Santa Shop - honestly - it was all pure, over priced crap.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• the school sent home a list last Friday and what's on it looks good(for a change)last year was pretty good, i liked the gifts esp. since they came from my babies!!!...hope we can make it to school tomorrow .today was the 2nd snow day already...Boo~Hisss...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 4:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My school did this when I was a kid, it was so exciting. My daughter's school does not as far as I know. I do send her out with my hubby to get something for me and I take her to get something for dad. I'm a little better at pointing her in a good direction (she's four) so he's getting a computer game he wanted that she has played with him. I just took her to the PC games and she immediately recognized it, so she did pick it out, just with a bit of help locating the right section, lol. I have three things under the tree from her and I'm concerned one might be a pillow pet, but I'm hoping it's a blanket or something along those lines! lol
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Ours did away with it last year cause the gifts were terrible...we voted to do away with it PTA
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes, our school calls it Candy Cane Lane. We give the kids $5 to buy each other gifts.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• oh, i dont mind how cheesy it is. im half expecting it, since i only had to pay $2 per person lol! i kinda peeked inside the one she got for her sister and saw the top of a book, that's actually really nice. dont know which book but my 2 year old will love it no matter what. and i will love that she thought of me no matter what's inside the package =)
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010