How can I skip a period so I don't have it while on cruise/vacay with JUST HUBBY--NO KIDS?!

Hubby and I are going on a cruise/vacation without the kids in 2 months....I'm currently on my period now, so it looks like it'll be coming the week of the trip. Any ideas on how I can make it skip?? (No more babies for us, thank you very much!!!)

Heads up, estrogen has been known to cause migraines for me in the past, and depo makes me spot. (Currently using Paragard and LOOOOVE it!!)

happiestmama

Asked by happiestmama at 4:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• I have never heard of intentionally skipping a period... Hopefully someone on here will be able to answer your question. GL
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My DD used her BC pills to control her period for her wedding & honeymoon cruise. She didn't take the week of placebo pills. She just went straight to the next pack of pills. This way, her body was still fooled into thinking it was pregnant. No period. She talked to her gyno who told her it was okay to do. Worked like a charm!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• What Special said.....if you are on the pill...don't take the "sugar pills" - open a new pack and start on the 1st day.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I have never heard of being able to skip a period.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Problem with the above suggestions is that they contain estrogen. And I cannot find a single method of skipping that doesn't involve estrogen. Sorry!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• only if you are taking birth control pills can you skip a period. it can be done easily.
    How funny....I had my period....I was never "on my period". It makes me think of siting on a period. LOL.
    Yup---you might be HAVING your period.
    But if you keep taking a pill every day through out your cruise, you won't HAVE a period until you get back home and stop taking the pills.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I was going to suggest depo but since u said it makes u spot why not do what hookers do and use a soft cup that you insert to catch the blood...
    Anonymous

• I did look up those cup things, I forget the name. But it said not to use it with IUD/IUCs bc it could make it get dislodged.

I'm wondering if I could do the BC pills anyway. It's been YEARS since I've tried, and I didn't get constant migraines or anything--maybe just a couple or a few. And I never even used Excedrin for them, let alone any other migraine med, just Tylenol. So I'm thinking I would like to try the pill, and have some excedrin on hand just in case.

Hubby and I never took a honeymoon, and had planned on taking a cruise to celebrate me being done with school the year after we had gotten married, but found out we were pregnant with DS#1 4 days before I started school, so that trip never happened. I really want to enjoy this trip to the max!!
    happiestmama

Comment by happiestmama (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You would have to start the pill NOW while you're on your period and skip the placebos. That's not even guaranteed. There is not guaranteed way to not get it.
    Anonymous

• The only way I skipped a period without being pregnant was to not skip a week with my birth control.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2010