HOw many times a day do you tell your kids to leave each other alone?

My Kids have been home together for maybe an hour and I am on about 3000. And Tiny tears hasn't stopped crying yet! UHG! I might have to pull the Santa card here soon.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I can't ever stop telling them long enough to count. I'm bald from ripping all my hair out. :)
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• not often.

I dont play that game. Either they behave or the both (or all three) go to their rooms. I think if you keep saying it and not backing it up then you will never resolve the issue.
    Anonymous

• I have a very dramatic 4 year old, and a one year old that loves to see what his big brother is doing. So i usually lose count at around nineteen thousand by 10am.......
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Because they aren't being 'bad' just pestering. He touched my shirt, she won't play my game, he looked at me wrong, she walked past the cat...
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• But Mommie that sounds just like my twins(exactly like them)..and it just goes on and on and on sometimes..i had the illusion that twins would be so blissfully happy together, boy was i wrong!!!
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 4:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Well, most days I don't have to tell them at all, but other days they both revert back to being 2 year olds and it's miserable.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i lose count eventually. mine are all girls, and damn are they ever sensitive & moody! just today, my 2 year old was having a fit because my 10 month old kept sticking her foot in her face in the car (the younger one faces rear and the older two obviously face front, the youngest is in the middle and has access to touching both of them) and then when my 4 year old gets in the car from school, she's in a horrible mood and the baby wants to touch her and she has a fit too! then when we get home, the 4 & 2 year old argue because the older one wants peace & quiet and the 2 year old wants to play with her big sister. ugh, it's chaos i tell you! thankfully now they're playing nicely with eachother. but it will happen again before bedtime, im sure of it!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• If it gets to the point where I can not ignor it... then they all go to there room.
    There is no reason I should have to repeat myself time and time and time again.

Mine are now 15,13, and 10... I rarely say it because I was firm from the get go.

There was one morning the older two were getting ready to go to a summer day camp (they each had a different one to go to) and they were pullng that crud. I didnt allow either one to go to camp but they HAD to play with each other the entire day. I explained that they were siblings and NEEDED to learn to get along and that they HAD to find way to do it.

Firm from the start and you dont have to deal with it for ever.
    Anonymous

• way to many sometimes...I want to change my name to somthing that is hard for them to say at times...this week I am trying on the name Esmarelda
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• lol my DS 3 y.o. & DD 1 y.o all the time maybe like 3,000 times they are constantly fighting for the same toys ...
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 5:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010