My friends daughter is helping with writing a Christain play for her school and wants to know where in the bible it says Jesus was born December 25?

I'm not really a bible reader so I don't know. She goes to a Catholic Christian private school so I would think that they would have told her but I think they want them to find the info.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Unfortunately it DOESN'T say it in the bible (I went to catholic school for 13 years and I always asked that question). TECHNICALLY Jesus was born sometime in the Spring. The December 25th date originates with the Pagan holiday of Yule. When they were trying to get pagans to convert to Christianity they felt it would be easier if they kept the same DATES just changed the holiday.
    Ariahsmom

Answer by Ariahsmom at 4:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It doesn't -- he was actually born in the spring but the Christian religion is a combination of several pagan beliefs and not actually based on history. Christmas is based on a winter festival of pagan origins.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 4:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Hmmm, I think you're trying to start something considering that any Christian church or school would know damn well that the Bible doesn't state the date of Christ's birth.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It doesnt specifically say Dec. 25
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 4:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The date of his birth is never stated outright.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• because that isn't his birthday.

*what Ariahsmom and sweet29mom said
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The celebration for some christians to declare His birth is not any less meaningful because of the unknown date. How many times do I have to say this? lol
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• The Bible doesn't give the birthdate of Jesus. If this is a real question why are you posting as anon?

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

no one said it wasn't... she asked where it says his birthday is the 25th of December in the bible and we answered her
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Nowhere. The Bible never gives a specific birthdate for Jesus. One would think that a Christian/Catholic school would already know this!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2010