Always Tired.

I've been exhausted for like a month, and don't know why. My dh wants me to call my dr, but I don't want to waste the drs time just b/c I'm tired. I wish I knew why. (No I'm not pregnant). Would you call the dr??

bseastrand

Asked by bseastrand at 5:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• It could be a number of things from an underactive thyroid to sleep apnea. It could also be seasonal affective disorder. If you live in an area that gets cold, gloomy & dark by 5pm! It wouldn't hurt to get it checked out. It's never a waste of time to make sure you are okay! Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes i would go to the doctors... better to be safe than sorry.. at least you could figre if something is wrong and make your DH feel better. Your body is trying to tell you something and you should listen to it. ;) and your DH ;)
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Have you tired some vitamins first? When I get like that I start again with the prenatals, b6, iron and fish oil and after a day or 2 notice a huge difference
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 5:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• constant fatigue can also be a sign of depression. Get out and force yourself to do more. It will help you get energy. The more you do, the more you have energy for, though that doesn't make sense. It worked for me!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You should go see the docter hun , i am alot and the docter told me to take a vitamin and im anemic i take over the counter iron pills im always weak and sleepy .
    SparklingMom78

Answer by SparklingMom78 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Yes call the dr. - for the time it takes to go to the appointment and then the lab work you know the dr will request- you are worth it! Maybe it's a vitamin definencey, or stress or whatev - but you and your happiness are worth the time! Good Luck and Best Wishes.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 8:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• You can start by taking some multi-vitamins. After that, I'd make an appointment with your doctor.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Seasonal Affective Disorder, Low Iron, Sleep Apnea/or changes in sleeping patterns, Thyroid issues....all of these can cause you to be extremely tired. Try a multi-vitamin and put yourself on a "sleep schedule" that SHOULD get you a full 8 hours per night...if after a couple days of that, nothing changes...I'd go to the doctor.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 11:10 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• Would you rather die from something that could have been prevented? Get off your lazy ass and go get a medical diagnosis already woman!!
    Anonymous