HOw close to a depression are you when you are at work and just want to call in sick at the office to go home although you aren't really sick?

I almost done it today. For no particular reason. I just felt so bad. Tired and I couldn't care less about what had to be done. Don't get me wrong, my job is not boring, I deal with lots of different people every day. I've done it before. I'll go home, even lie to my husband with a scratchy voice. *cough cough* "I don't feel too good. Been throwing up at work." Something like that. And then I just want to sleep, sleep, sleep. and I do. Only it doesn't seem to matter how much I sleep I never wake up relaxed and refreshed. And when I wake up I wish the day was already over. I don't want to be miserable, but I haven't found a way yet to ... IDK ... stop this. The way I experience my life right now is like a big, gooey, grey mass. That's the best I can describe it. Anybody having similar experiences? Any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Health

• I encourage you to make an appointment with your dr, depression is not the only medical issue that could be giving you these symptoms. A dr.'s appointment would at least get you out of work. Good Luck and Best Wishes
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 8:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• They are called mental health days, I go through times like this and am just like you, I like my job but just feel like all I want to do is sleep. Eventually, for me it passes and life is great again. Good Luck
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i used to do that all the time. its not depression , its a mixture of boredom and laziness. If you never alllow yourself the pleasure of "free days" you won't get in that habit of , " how many can i afford"
    jsthemomnxtdoor

Answer by jsthemomnxtdoor at 5:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• It sounds like depression to me. You should see a therapist. A psychiatrist can prescribe you meds for it, but I would try therapy first. If it is so bad you can't take it anymore, meds can help. Lexapro is mild but effective.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Depression is considered a real sickness so you wouldn't be lying needing a sick day. I'm dealing with depression now myself and I know i couldn't go out of the house if I wanted to and wont' until I get through this mess. Just make sure you take Vitamin B Complex and eat healthy to help get through it quicker.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:47 PM on Dec. 7, 2010