Would you sign to allow a school to paddle?

First I want to assume some things to make this easier...

1. The school would always paddle safely(never leave bruises or lasting redness)
2. The school would always paddle over pants.
3. The school would use a reasonable amount of licks(like 1-5)

So would you allow it?

My school(the one I teach at and my kids attend) doesn't allow it but I wouldn't use it anyway as a teacher even if it did. I also likely wouldn't sign to allow it either for my kids.

Iamasinglemom99

Asked by Iamasinglemom99 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• HELL NO. No punishes my kids but ME.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Absolutely not! It is the parents job to discipline!!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• That is corporal punishment and actually my son went to a private christian school who did do that.. but me, his and his step mom would not allow that to happen.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My DD yes. My DS no. My son doesn't understand spanking...well, he does now, I think. I don't know. My friends school allows it and I must say it keeps her son in line. he has only ever been paddles a couple of times. There is no waiver. You have to sign one to opt out but risk having to pick your child up for the day instead. You are notified first and then only the administrators are the ones who paddle and there has to be two witnesses and they all 4, Teachers and child, sign a statement to go on record and be sent home saying it happened. It is a last resort thing. Not a daily occurrence.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• i dont hit my kid with a paddle, I sure as hell am not gonna allow anyone else 2!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 5:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• HELLLLL to the NO!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Not in a million years!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Only if the teachers sign a wavier allowing me to paddle them when they mess up, otherwise, no.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Using outspoken accountability works best, imo. A little Public humiliation/embarrassment in front of their peers is more effective for older kids and teenagers, IMO ..No one wants to become an object of public derision....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Always! Our schools still send out those permission slips and yes, I plan on signing them! However, I also plan to alter them requiring the school to notify me when and if it happens... Because a spanking from the school will be the least of their issues!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010