Special gift for a daughter. I want to give my daughter a special gift for her birthday (she will be seven)

I want to give my daughter a special gift that she can look at over the years and maybe pass to her daughter and be reminded of how much I love her. Have you received such a gift? what was it?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 5:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• When my DDs were that age, I went to my jeweler and bought them each a necklace called an "add-a-pearl" necklace. It's a beautiful chain that you determine how many pearls you want to start with. I started with 3. Then, pearls can be bought by anybody for any occasion as a gift and added to the necklace. By the time wedding day rolls around, they have a beautiful pearl necklace to wear if they so choose. And, it's something they can pass to their DDs in the future. Ask a jeweler about them. I'm sure they will know what you're talking about.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• ittybeadycreations.com has some gorgeous bracelets at a reasonable price plus free shipping.  I love them that are my favorite special gift for girls.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I also want to add, that they weren't really expensive. And, I didn't get HUGE pearls. There are many different sized pearls to choose form.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Maybe go with a small statue or a locket...or if you want to make something, a scrapbook that includes pictures of you and her together with poems you've written about or to her next to/above these pictures.
    Anonymous

• A CHARM bracelet.

Every birthday you could add a charm to it. and carry the tradition on.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 5:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I never got anything like that. But, I like the locket idea. That is something she can pass down. Or a jewelry box. Not one of those cardboard ones, but a really nice one.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2010