How do we create fun family time with older teenage boys?

Momx3forever

Asked by Momx3forever at 5:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Board games like Clue, bowling, and simply ask them what they would be interested in doing.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:47 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Play the at home version of Minute To Win It! It is so much fun! My family and I just did it a couple weeks ago and had so much fun. Of course you need teams to compete against each other (we did boys against girls) but it was a blast!

I also have a friend that does a prize in a box and then wraps it into a ton of other boxes with each one being wrapped in gift wrapped. They roll dice to see who goes first. This person has to put oven mitts on and begin to open the boxes while the person to their right rolls the dice until they get an even number. Once they get an even number the person stops unwrapping the boxes. You keep doing this passing to the right. Whoever gets the last package opened wins the prize. It is a lot of fun and very hard to open the wrap when you are wearing oven mitts. (you have to be sure to tape them up very good too)
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Well it would help if we knew some of what they are interested in. My kids love being outside, so we went skating, sledding, played football etc. We love a walk in the woods. Bowling, lazer tag, paint ball guns, and they love when DH gets out the quad, or we put the boat in the water. We also have a pool and they live in it in the summer.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2010