HELP! My 5 year old daughter is sexually experimenting. adult content

Hi. Im not sure whether I am being over paranoid or what, but my 5 (almost 6 ) year old daughter got caught at school initiating 2 other of her girl friends to pull down their pants and then they were touching each other with a bear claw necklace. When we talked to her about it (trying not to freak out) she also said she had started tickling another girls private parts and she kept wanting her to do it so my daughter did. She said no one has ever done it to her before, but I just dont know where this all came from. We are very open about boundaries etc.. and she knows what is right and wrong and that those are "hers." Im not sure if I need to call a councilor or what the hell to do. I wasnt even slightly interested in boys or anything until I was 14... She wants to kiss all the boys, and have boyfriends and have boobs. (she used to touch her dads girlfriends boobs a lot in public..and she would let her, but that issue is resolved now) I am not aware of what to do. This is all new to me,,, Any advice would be much appreciated. THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• See a doctor, make sure she hasn't been molested in any way. Maybe see a therapist/concilor of some sort asap. I don't know that anyone on this board can give you any information more than to see someone, it'd be theories more than substance.

Sorry hope she's alright.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 5:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• – collapse
    souns like when a friend of mine caught her 5 year old sucking the dick of her roomates 8 year old son they got quite an ass whoopin for that and never did it again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• Talk. To. Her. Plain and simple. Let her know that people's privates are off limits and that includes her own to other people. Curiosity is fine, but she needs to know right and wrong too. Tell her if she wants to know about her body, to ask YOU about it. I think she just needs some guidance and boundaries, and it is your job to help her figure things out without her crossing the line with these other girls. And I might not want her hanging out with the one who encouraged her to do this either.
    Anonymous

• I agree, make sure she isn't being molested too. Often kids who are molested act out sexually.
    Anonymous

• O my god!! I dont know what i would do. It makes me wonder about my 9 yr old at school.She wants boobs and likes boys to,and i think 9 is still too young. I would definitly keep my eye on her all the time to see if you get any answers.Wow i can't believe that was happening in the bathroom.,at that age.Something dont sound right.I have heard of girls experiementing with themselves a little bit once in a while with ther hands , and is completly normal,but at school wiyh other girls using an object.You need to talk with the other moms of the girls that were doing also.
    meleia396

Answer by meleia396 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Overly sexual behavior(this is) in small children doesn't neccesarily mean they have been molested(although it's possible). It can also mean they have in some way been exposed to way to much sexuality for them to process at one time. Be careful with TV, a lot of commercials are even pretty bad, be aware of her surroundings. Is she around any teens? Anyone who talks about sex a lot? FInd out if it's another kid who is being over sexual, that she's spending time with. Maybe that child is being sexually abused. YOu never know.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I don't think I would want a doctor examining her at 5 years old right off the bat. That might cause unnecessary trauma. I would probably take her to a child psychologist first if I suspected something and go from there. And I would definitely talk to her myself about privacy and respecting our own bodies as well as others.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:44 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Good point, Musicmom80.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 5:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Thanks guys. She has grown up around a lot of older kids (she is basically the only young one on both sides) We dont really watch tv too much but when she goes to her dads, he exposes her to a lot of stuff that we cant control (letting her watch the grudge, telling her he is going to kill her step dad, drinks and drives with her, lets her go into walmart alone, etc) We have tried calling dcfs etc.. i just wanted to know if i should be worried. If something is happening at her dads, i would like to know and report it because the state seems to not have enough "evidence" to keep her from him. either way he is not healthy for her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Id demand dcfs gets involved because where her step mom didn't care she was touching her boobs that might mean something I'm sorry. I'm not much help I hope all goes well
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 6:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2010