gift ideas for someone who loves to cook

My sister loves to bake and cook. She already has a ton of cookbooks. What are some creative ideas for gifts I could get her for Christmas?

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in Holidays

• I would suggest going to Macy's and looking at the Martha Stewart line of cookware. Or going to Foodnetwork.com or Rachaelray.com and looking at their cooklines. Rachael Ray and Martha both have really unique utensils that she most likely doesn't have. Like "Lazy Spoons" that sit on your pot, so the drippings go into the pot rather then on your stove. Or an oven "Mit" that's silicone and just for the fingers, to make it easy to grab the pot. Also check out gifts.com for some ideas.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:55 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I love to cook and bake too, could always use more wooden utensils, nice serving dishes, cast iron cookware, heavy duty baking sheets, love the pampered chef spatulas (can never have enough of these) love my pampered chef garlic press (daughter has it on her list this year) baking stones, higher end priced ingredients (chocolate, etc)

tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• If she loves to cook and bake-then chances are she is pretty particular about her appliances so my best suggestion is a gilt certificate to a specialty kitchen store. I love going into kitchen stores but rarely have the extra money to spend in there.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Does she have a griddle? walmart has some nice ones on sale for $18
    Anonymous

• I'm always in need of new flippers (non-scratch) and new spatulas (preferably silicone or something flexible). I wear them out every year or two.

Measuring cups/spoons with the markings *stamped* into them instead of printed, so it can't wear off.

Plastic cookie cutters. (yes, metal looks nicer but they bend out of shape too easily).

Gift card to a gourmet shop or cookware store.

Glass or plastic storage units for the pantry. (Looks nicer, prevents spills and helps cut down pantry moths.)

Kitchen towels w/ matching hotpads. (I've worn HOLES in a few of mine!)

magnetic knife rack (can also double as a magnetic spice rack for those metal spice jars.)

If she cans her own food: new jars, rings and lids. (especially lids since they're only good for one use.)
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• something she would never spend the money on for herself - like the really good (real) vanilla that is $10- $20 bucks for the small bottle or exotic cinnamon sticks or other spices she uses. Quality speciality pans or tools for baking, like a brulee torch. One year for an exchange the person bought every food and baking item to make one specific recipe - bowls, spatula, baking tray, chips, flour, sugar etc. put it all in a big basket.

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 9:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• If she does not have nice kitchen items, some really nice measuring spoons and cups would be great.
    I have nice ones now, and they make baking THAT much more fun and enjoyable :P~
    There is something special about working with fine materials and high quality cookware and gadgets.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 10:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2010