Just a fun question! How did you tell your husband/SO that you were pregnant? And how did he respond?

jacy3031

Asked by jacy3031 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he was taking a nap. i went and bought the 3 pack box. I took all 3 of them and taped them to the mirror. when he got up and went to the bathroom. he shouted out, " are we having a baby?" i yelled back " yes!!!"
    lovinsophie

Answer by lovinsophie at 7:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• We were only dating for three months so being "cute" about it was out of the question. I went down to his restaurant and pulled him outside and told him on the bench out front! lol I was sooo scared but excited at the same time :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• O yea... and he was like "Oh, really?" I knew he was excited though b/c he was 29 at the time and said that he wanted kids before 30 LOL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• He was in the bathroom when I peed on the stick! We had only been dating 2 weeks!!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 6:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Well I got really sick to my stomach... which never happens and i had this feeling... the gut feeling. I knew already how it is to be pregnangt (had a miscarriage before)...

well anyway.. i told him that i think im pregnant... he said its not possible... since he wasnt suppose to ever be able to have kids.

2 weeks later i told him "dudeee i think im pregnant. lets get a test." lol
    We bought one... i went upstairs to the bathroom, peed on the stick, went back downstairs and said "i told you.. im always right!!!"... he was like "ummm... okay"... haha and then he said "her name is going to be Corian!"... loool cutest thing ever.. he said its a girl from the very beginning and he was right :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• well we where living with my mom then it was about 4 months after we where maried and I came out of the bathroom in tears, and my husband got the biggest smile on his face he was soo excited. He was all this is a good thing...and i was like no its not. I wanted another baby but I cant have anymore kids thats why I was upset.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• It was 5 in the morning and I was half asleep, but doing the first morning pee thing. I honestly thought I was not pregnant and was just taking the test to shut my mom up LOL! When it said pregnant, I woke my husband up and asked him to read it, he smiled and said, "your preggers!" LOL! Then I called my mom and my grandma.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 7:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• the first time he told me I was pg, so I got my friend to go with me for moral support to take the test, it was +, so they handed me all these baby books, and asked me if I wanted the test I said yes, got him a beer he was on the steps, I walked up handed him his beer and the stack of books with the test & walked back to my friend he said "whats this" I looked Oh so we are pregnant he smiled and yelled and called his whole family.2nd time, I had 5 test. I went took one while he was in the other room, it said +, I said cant be right, took the 2nd 1 it said +, I said u b@$%@#d, said still couldn't be right they must be defective took the 3rd one, again +. So I was conveinced it was bad pee, so I dumped it out peeped again.
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 4:48 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Took the other 2 they both said + (nice bright lines). I called my friend and said could they b defective she said yes they were from the dollar store, I said good, she said how many did you take I said 5 she said oh no honey your pregnant, so I told him to walk into the bathroom, and there laid 5 positive pg test.
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 4:49 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• This time he told me go get one I said I will, never got around too it, my neighbor remembered me saying something about it, told me to come over, and she gave it to me, before the l finished putting the drops in the postive lined appeared, and I said somethings wrong the other line isn't on here, so this must be negative I grab the box and look,I said no cant be thats were positive goes, then a minute later two lines all you heard was a screammmm. So my neighbor told me to call him over and tell him she got him a something from the store. So he walked in and she told him, you cant say I never bought you nothen he was like ok, and I handed him the box. He opened it and said yeahhhhhh. And I rolled my eyes lol.
    MommaKee