How much do you pay or charge for child care?

I am trying to get an idea of how much people pay, or if you baby sit how much you would charge for child care. The ages of the kids are 5,7,and 8 and the time ranges between 8-10 hrs a day? I am trying to figure out how much to charge without being unreasonable and this is family but my rent doesnt pay it self! HELP please!

VanessaCalhoun

Asked by VanessaCalhoun at 5:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't know if this will help but I have a 3 year old all day at an in home daycare 4 days a week and pay full time at $125/week
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I'd charge 30 a day for family
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I think i get a killer deal with my sitter. She's a fantastic sitter, and i pay $2 an hour for the first kid, and an another $1 an hour for any additional kids. So i pay $3/hr for BOTH kids! She recently asked us to start bringing lunches for them, but i dont mind that at all!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 5:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I watch a family members kid and get 20 a day
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 5:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Wow, those are really good prices. I paid $3.00 per hour per kid when my kids where in day care and my sister has a 2 year old in day care now and she pays $225.00 per week. I have a friend who watches kids and she charges $50.00 per day.

Good Luck with everything!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Depends on where you are I pay $198/week for my 5 year old for full day and $287 for my 3 mo old.
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I paid by the hour when my kids were in - I paid $3.25/hour for 2 kids, I provided diapers/wipes, sitter provided meals, snacks, drinks (she was reimbursed because she was a registered provider and applied for a grant of sorts).
    Anonymous

• I haven't paid for babysitting in a very long time, but my friends are paying $225 a week for daycare for 1 child; another is paying $330 a week for 3 children with a private sitter for 9 hours a day - she provides lunch, diapers, babyfood, snacks, etc. and my other friend is paying $250 a week for a private sitter for 2 children. Good luck to you!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 7:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Look at care.com.  Link below.  Search by using the pulldowns and your zipcode and you will see what people pay/ charge in your area.  GL

http://www.care.com/care-p1271.html

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:45 PM on Dec. 7, 2010

• My son goes to private preschool. He goes 9-12 M-F. I pay 155/month.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2010